Versadial’s call recording solution is capable of recording Analog Radio or RoIP (Radio over IP) lines.
For Analog Radio: Versadial connects to the analog port of the base station. Proper software configuration and an analog card is required in the recording server.
For RoIP (Radio over Internet Protocol): Similar to VoIP, the recorder can capture data via a SPAN/MIRROR port on a switch that the radio and gateway are connected to. Alternatively, our Radio over IP recording (IPCAST) can be configured as active recording. With this configuration, we record from devices which are streaming RTP to our recorder or to Multicast Address.
- Record Phone and Radio Lines on One Server
- In Depth Incident Recreation
- Granular User Permissions
- Incident Re-creation: Mixed playback and timeline view to visually recreate radio and dispatch communications
- License Based on Per Channel Being Recorded
- Unlimited User Access to Recordings
- We Support a Variety of PBX Manufacturers
- Auto Archive Recordings to External Drives, Providing Virtually Unlimited Data Storage
Contact Versadial if you are not sure what lines you have, we’ll be happy to recommend a solution.
For a more in-depth look at our recording software please take a look at our VSLogger Unlimited Call Recording Solution page.
We are successfully recording the following devices:
- Telex IP-224 Radio Adapter: IP Unicast or IP multicast options
- BARIX INSTREAMER: Analog audio to RoIP Unicast converter
- Cisco IPICS Server: Radio outputs as IP multicast
Attention: If your RoIP device is not listed, please contact us today for testing and configuration. Many other RoIP devices which provide similar access to communication via IP unicast or IP multicast streams are compatible and can be tested with Versadial VSLogger upon request.
Online documentation for RoIP can be found here:
- Configure Terminating(active) Unicast/Multicast recording
- Terminating(active) IPCAST channel configuration - Initial steps
- VoIP signaling protocols supported by Versadial Call Recorder
Monitor your operators and grade their performance while on the call. Are they helping the person in distress, are coordinates and addresses relayed properly to dispatch? Increasing your operators' performance and confidence will lead to more efficient service and better response time within your local community.
Archive your data to maintain extended records for any issues that may arise. Our auto-archiving feature allows you to store and backup an unlimited amount of data. Our systems are capable of storing up to 148,000 hours directly on the server, allowing you to access recordings from a few years back instantly.
Record All Communication
Versadial’s recorders can be implemented in a variety of systems. Providing a complete solution for recording phone and radio channels. Designed to fit into all major PBX manufacturers and record on a variety of line types, your entire business communication network can be recorded and monitored.