Record Radio – Analog Or RoIP
(Radio Over Internet Protocol)
With Versadial Call Recorder
Recorded radio communications can be sent to/connected to Versadial recorder as:
- 2-wire analog audio line/connection (e.g. analog Speaker or audio output line wired to the recorder as 2-wire analog line).
- RTP/RoIP (Radio Over IP) stream sent directly to the recorder (unicast) or to multicast address where recorder collects it. For example, analog output in a remote location can be converted to RTP/(Radio Over IP) stream by using BARIX INSTREAMER (see scenario 8 section below) and sent to a centralized recorder.
Radio system configuration on the customer side is a “black box” to Versadial team. To issue a recommendation or quotation all we need to know is the type of recorded inputs to be configured on the recorder.
Recording from the analog outputs of the radio stations or radio adapters – See scenario 7 – Radio recording from the analog outputs
Versadial is connected to the analog output of the base station or radio adapter. Proper software configuration and an analog card are required in the recording server. (see diagrams below)
Recording RTP/RoIP (Radio over IP) streams sent by supported radio stations or adapters – See scenario 8 – Radio recording via RoIP
Versadial Radio over IP recording (IPCAST) channels can be configured for active recording. With this configuration, Versadial software records from the devices which can stream digital audio (e.g. RTP) direct to the recorder or to multicast address. Also, similar to VoIP, the recorder can capture data via a SPAN/MIRROR port on a switch. (see diagrams below)
Our customers are successfully recording the following devices:
- Telex IP-223 and Telex IP-224 Radio Adapters: IP Unicast or IP multicast options. For example, Telex IP-224 supports radios from many manufacturers (Kenwood Radios: x80 Series x90 Series x150 Seriesx180 Series 5 x 10 P25 SeriesNEXEDGE, Motorola, iCOM Radios, iDEN, Sprint Direct connect, Sepura Radios─SRM2000 TETRA and more.)
- BARIX INSTREAMER: Analog audio to RoIP Unicast converter. Allows passing of audio from an analog output in a remote location to the centralized recorder as RoIP Unicast.
- Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS) Server: Radio channels recorded from IP multicast addresses
- AVtec Scout Console: Radio channels recorded from IP unicast or IP multicast addresses.
Attention: Many other RoIP devices which provide similar access to communication via IP unicast or IP multicast streams are compatible and can be tested with Versadial VSLogger upon request. If your device supports RTP/RoIP steaming but not listed above, please contact us today at email@example.com or (949) 457-0650 schedule testing and custom configuration.
For a more in-depth look at our recording software please take a look at our Supporting Documents page.
- Record Phone and Radio Lines on One Server
- In-Depth Incident Recreation
- Granular User Permissions
- Incident Re-creation: Mixed playback and timeline view to visually recreate radio and dispatch communications
- License Based On Number Of Channel Being Recorded
- Unlimited User Access to Recordings
- We Support a Variety of PBX Manufacturers
- Auto Archive Recordings to External Drives, Providing Virtually Unlimited Data Storage
Additional Online Documentation For RoIP Can Be Found Here:
Monitor your operators and grade their performance while on the call. Are they helping the person in distress, are coordinates and addresses relayed properly to dispatch? Increasing your operators’ performance and confidence will lead to more efficient service and better response time within your local community.
Archive your data to maintain extended records for any issues that may arise. Our auto-archiving feature allows you to store and backup an unlimited amount of data. Our systems are capable of storing up to 148,000 hours directly on the server, allowing you to access recordings from a few years back instantly.
Record All Communication
Versadial’s recorders can be implemented in a variety of systems. Providing a complete solution for recording phone and radio channels. Designed to fit into all major PBX manufacturers and record on a variety of line types, your entire business communication network can be recorded and monitored.