Most people associate call recording just with offline marketing campaigns. If you have a separate number for each campaign or for each location, it’s easy to get the same kind of information about those offline campaigns as your tracking efforts online give you about your online campaigns. But can call recording also help you with your online campaigns?
If you want to know how the customers who are calling you found your number, call recording is just as important for your online campaigns as it is for your offline campaigns. Being able to glean important information about that caller and to be able to play back and analyze those calls after the fact is an integral part of improving all of your lead generation avenues. Here are five ways call recording improves your online and offline marketing campaigns:
- Improves the skills of your agents. When you rely on calls in order to make sales, you need the people taking those calls to be as skilled as possible at closing deals. One of the biggest ways call recording helps you improve your marketing campaigns is by making sure that an interested party, that has taken the time to actually place a call and express their interest, is not lost because your agents do not know how to properly interact with those callers. Call recording gives managers the ability to monitor the calls and to help agents identify when they could upsell or promote an additional product, clue them into words, phrases, or attitudes that are pushing potential customers away, and ensures that your agents are adhering to company policies. If you want to improve the efficacy of your marketing campaigns, you have to improve the efficacy of your agents—and call recording helps you do just that.
- Helps you get to know your customer and craft marketing campaigns they are likely to respond to. In order to know which campaigns need work, you first need to know which campaigns are working. Call recording offers you the ability to review your calls and determine what type of calls you are getting and how effectively your agents are converting those callers into customers or clients. Being able to playback calls, to identify which calls go well and which calls do not go well, to see what types of callers are most likely to buy, allows you to get to know your customers, what they like, what they do not like, and what they expect. As a way to get to know your customers on an intimate level, there is no better way than listening to what they are actually saying to your company. The better you know your customer, the better you are able to craft a marketing message that meets their needs and expectations.
- Streamlines your sales strategy. When you start out, your sales strategy is likely going to be very generalized. You might have a general idea of who your customer is and what they want, and will have built off of that general idea, but through call recording and getting to know your customer better, you can craft a sales strategy that turns more of your callers into customers. By listening to the questions that your callers ask, what objections they make to your sales strategy, and how well your agents combat those objections, you can create a sales script that addresses the most common issues your agents face and ensures that they are fully equipped with a sales strategy that actually works.
- Allows you to glean information about potential customers. If someone calls and is not yet prepared to buy, but you think they might be, in the future, call recording allows you to retain their contact information, even if your agent does not think to jot it down. Most people will introduce themselves, and the recording itself will contain information about their phone number. Reviewing each unsuccessful call can allow agents to develop a way that they could pitch the product or service successfully to that potential customer, and then also provides them with the information that they need in order to get back in touch with that individual.
- Provides you with a wealth of data. Whether you do all of your marketing in house or whether you outsource it to another party, having a wealth of data is always valuable for your marketers. No online tracking tool can provide you with the same information that call recording can. These tools make assumptions about the behavior and desires of your potential leads, but call recording allows you to hear the behaviors and desires of these leads, straight from the source. And if you choose the right call recording software, you’ll have all of this data stored right in house, where you can access it whenever you want and send it wherever you need.
Surveys, psychology, and assumptions will only get you so far when it comes to improving your online and offline marketing campaigns. When you have the ability to listen to your customers, you have the ability to know exactly what they want from you. You can then serve up to them, in a package they are likely to engage with. The information that comes from call recording, and the opportunity it provides for you to improve your sales strategy and your agents, is unmatched by any other tracking tool. For small and large businesses alike, call recording is a great solution for improving any and all of your marketing campaigns.